Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chicken Thighs and Polenta Fries

This dinner was somewhat of a departure from the past few meals I've made.  As it gets colder, I've been craving less "fresh" food and more comfort food.  This dinner hit the spot, and it was easy to make, too!

I stole the chicken recipe from The Wednesday Chef, and it came out beautifully.  All you need are some chicken legs with thighs attached, dijon mustard, panko crumbs and whatever herbs you like with your chicken (I like rosemary and sage-thyme would be good as well!)

Rub each leg with about a tablespoon of dijon mustard.  I used Grey Poupon, but you can use any brand.
Sprinkle the herbs, salt and pepper on top, and then then cover the leg in panko.  Drizzle each leg with a bit of butter and pop them into the oven for an hour at 325 degrees. 

The sides were delicious too.  I love french fries.  Like, lick the bowl clean kind of love for any type of fried potato.  Tonight I decided to try out making a variation from polenta.  I bought a pre-made package of polenta (it comes in a tube) and sliced it in the shape of fries.  I sprinkled them with olive oil and sea salt and put them in the oven for the last 20 minutes while the chicken cooked.  If the fries aren't crispy when the chicken is done, turn up the temp and keep them in for a few minutes longer.
Mine came out crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and sooo delicious!  I mixed some rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a touch of dijon mustard together with mayo for a creamy dipping sauce for the "fries."
I ate them all!

And last but not least, a little bit of greens.  I had some cherry tomatoes lying around so I cut them in half and sauteed them with a bit of balsamic vinegar and garlic.  I threw in some broccoli rabe (which I had blanched like the green beans while the chicken was cooking) and in under five minutes I had a great side dish.
Make this quick dinner in under an hour and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment